Sep 8, 2011

My Personal Rainbow

That is my rainbow anklet. From the time I came out almost three years ago I have never really been without it.

Back when I used to let peoples judgement affect the way I felt about myself a very close friend of mine bought it for me. Well technically, this is number two, the first wore out and my teammate made me another one. Anyways it seems like no big deal right?

This anklet (and the one before) has been with me through every sneer, every rude comment, every event, every night out.... What it signifies for me is PRIDE. Pride in who I am, what Im apart of, what I stand for, who I stand with. Pride in my beliefs, in my freedom to just be me and likewise, whenever I dont want to speak up it burns into my ankle I swear.

I think everyone should have one. Maybe not exactly like mine but something thats a constant reminder as well as statement of pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment