Sep 12, 2011

My One Request

My One Request: Watch what you say.

The one thing I will never grow to tolerate are offensive statements made against the LGBT community. That's the number one way for people to become dead to me. I've come to realize though that its gotten so bad that people don't even know their saying it. So this is a Public Service Announcement to you...

A teammate of mine posted a stat saying "Darts and wine. Keeping it classy." Another one of my teammates comments "Homo!" I wouldn't have taken it offensively if she were implying that all homosexuals are classy but I know she wasn't.

"That's so GAY!" Said when something happens that you don't like or something disgusts you.

I have another teammate that faithfully says "No Homo." after every statement he makes. It drives me insane and of course no one sees the error in these kind of comments.

My own mother refuses to say that I am gay instead referring to me as "sexually insane and confused."

Look, I don't care if you don't like it or don't agree with how I live but that does NOT make it okay for you to just insult us all the time even when you don't notice your doing it. Its about R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment