Oct 24, 2011

Self-hate.

"People fear what they don't know and hate what they fear."
*This post is for a very close friend of mine. I'm sorry for not accepting your sexual orientation.

Lesbians don't accept bisexuals.
Femmes don't understand studs.
Females don't like feminine gay guys.
No one accepts the transsexuals unless its as drag.
The list goes on...

I admit, I've had my own issues with accepting different people within our community but I've come to realize that no matter what label we chose to give our self or what gender we chose to love, we are all in this together and we're all that we have.

Our biggest problem within our own community should not be being able to accept ourselves. It may seem like no big deal to you but on a bigger scale, we only have so much power divided. How can we make that outside world believe in our equality or understand us better when we can't do the same for our own people.

We have enough people against us outside of our community we have to learn to stand together, if not for the fight then for support because we're all going through similar deals I can imagine.

I found this on twitter: Leave the judgment 2 the rest of the world #gaycommunity Cause u fail 2 realize if we #dontsupporteachother the world will never support us

No comments:

Post a Comment