Oct 12, 2011

A new venture.

Now that my daughter is in school and my days are short I decided to add a new venture to my daily schedule. Today marks the first day that I volunteer in the Gender & Sexuality Center, GSC for short.

I've been here a total of 90 minutes and already I love it! The atmosphere is so much better and nicer, familiar in this little room then the rest of the campus. To be in a room with people who have been through what I've been through and talk about things I'm interested in, who essentially are just like me is just a really great feeling.

Theres no judgement when you walk through the door, no rude comments, no shutting each other down, I'm completely safe... and I love it. This venture has definitely become one of my favorites and I've just started but I can only see it getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment