Nov 28, 2011

Too pretty to be gay?

I dislike when people say this statement and the reason I dislike it so much is because I don't understand it!

Like what are you insinuating?
Only ugly people are gay and all pretty people are straight?
Do I not fit the image a lesbian is supposed to fit?
What am I supposed to look like?
Were you expecting short hair and a plaid button-up maybe?
Or do you just not want me to be gay because I'm attractive?

What are you trying to say? Let me know so I can better form my response but in general I just want you to know that the LGBT Community has many faces. A good example of this is EmbodimentUSA. The artists have attempted to portray a portrait of queer life and I think they've done a great job, check it out!

Trying to fit us into a preconceived image is not only wrong but a complete waste of time.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a compliment to u. Being '2 cute 2 be gay,' to me is like someone saying your cuteness has been wasted since they cant get w/ u. I've never said that out loud to someone, but I have in a roundabout way thought that about someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But just because that person cant get with me, doesn't mean my cuteness has been wasted and you better have not thought that about me! lol

    ReplyDelete